These lemon squares are like a taste of pure heaven! They’re the perfect bite-sized summer snack to satisfy your sweet tooth with macros to spare.
Macros (per bar)
(recipe yields 15 bars)
- 80g light butter
- 60g vanilla whey
- 60g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- a few drops yellow food coloring
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- stevia/splenda to taste
- water to dough consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and let sit until warm or room temperature.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well; add water until dough consistency is reached. Be careful not to add too much water too quickly – I recommend a teaspoon at a time.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll out dough into rectangular shape about ¼” thick.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until done. Feel free to sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top and enjoy!
Choose from several training programs for different goals and difficulty level.
Get YOUR questions answered every week by Layne himself.
Discover a plethora exclusive articles and videos on nutrition and training from some of the top experts in the world.
Layne hosted a series of webinars and live training sessions.
"Not only does Layne talk the talk, he's walked the walk. I recommend listening to and reading his resources to any of my friends looking for science-backed fitness information to guide them on their path of knowledge expansion within the realm of fitness. He's one of the few people i've found to be a reliable, educational, no b.s. resource."