PF Changs fans rejoice! Here is a super simple take on their lettuce wraps, minus all the carbs and fat from the restaurant version! If you don’t like spice, fear not. You have full control of how much kick goes in.
Macros (per serving)
(recipe yields 4 servings)
- 530g raw chicken, cut into small pieces
- 150g water chestnuts, drained and cut into small pieces
- 10g sesame oil
- 85g diced white onion
- 10g minced garlic
- 15g reduced sugar ketchup
- 65g hoisin sauce
- 5g soy sauce
- 10g rice wine vinegar
- 2g pureed ginger
- a dash of chili pepper
- 15g sriracha
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large leaves of butter lettuce or romaine lettuce
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 4g sesame seeds
- Cook chicken, garlic, onions, and sesame oil over medium-high heat on stovetop until chicken is cooked through.
- Add all other ingredients except lettuce and let cook for 3-5 more minutes on medium heat. The sriracha is what gives it the kick, so feel free to add less or more depending on your preference (5g would be mild, 10-15g spicy, and 20g+ extremely spicy).
- Place the contents of the pan evenly into 4 large lettuce leaves. Garnish with a few more green onion slices and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Choose from several training programs for different goals and difficulty level.
Get YOUR questions answered every week by Layne himself.
Discover a plethora exclusive articles and videos on nutrition and training from some of the top experts in the world.
Layne hosted a series of webinars and live training sessions.
"Not only does Layne talk the talk, he's walked the walk. I recommend listening to and reading his resources to any of my friends looking for science-backed fitness information to guide them on their path of knowledge expansion within the realm of fitness. He's one of the few people i've found to be a reliable, educational, no b.s. resource."