Surprise your family this holiday season with gingerbread cookies packed with protein! These cookies are so rich, flavorful and chewy, they will never know it’s a “healthy” recipe!
Macros (per cookie)
(recipe yields 24 cookies)
- 55g light butter
- 70g unsweetened applesauce
- 120g vanilla whey
- 50g molasses
- 180g all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground or pureed ginger
- 35g egg whites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- stevia/splenda to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave and let cool until room temperature. Stir in unsweetened applesauce.
- Mix in all other ingredients until dough is formed; it will be sticky.
- Continue to add flour until dough is no longer sticky (amount will depend on protein powder used; weigh flour added as you go and account for in recipe)
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on countertop and dust flour over it. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough until about ¼ inch thick.
- Using a 3” gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out gingerbread men shapes. Continue to roll out dough and cut shapes until all dough is used.
- Place gingerbread men on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Dust off extra flour with a damp paper towel.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
Optional Icing design directions: Mix whipped greek cream cheese and stevia to taste in a small bowl. Transfer to piping bag with a small round tip. Once cookies have cooled completely pipe icing onto cookies with your own fun designs!
Choose from several training programs for different goals and difficulty level.
Get YOUR questions answered every week by Layne himself.
Discover a plethora exclusive articles and videos on nutrition and training from some of the top experts in the world.
Layne hosted a series of webinars and live training sessions.
"Not only does Layne talk the talk, he's walked the walk. I recommend listening to and reading his resources to any of my friends looking for science-backed fitness information to guide them on their path of knowledge expansion within the realm of fitness. He's one of the few people i've found to be a reliable, educational, no b.s. resource."