In this recipe, cinnamon buns and doughnuts collide to form the EPIC cinnamon bun doughnut! Cinnabon’s got nothing on this high-protein treat!
Macros (per doughnut)
(recipe yields 4 doughnuts)
- 55g light butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80g vanilla whey
- 46g egg whites
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 55g unsweetened applesauce
- stevia/splenda to taste
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large mixing bowl, then stir in applesauce.
- Mix in all other ingredients until cake batter consistency is reached. You may have to add a little water depending on the kind of whey protein you use.
- Pour batter into a greased doughnut pan (makes 4) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top each doughnut with 40g nonfat greek yogurt mixed with stevia/splenda to taste as a protein “icing” (macros included with this recipe). Feel free to add cinnamon flavored cereal on top for extra crunch!
Choose from several training programs for different goals and difficulty level.
Get YOUR questions answered every week by Layne himself.
Discover a plethora exclusive articles and videos on nutrition and training from some of the top experts in the world.
Layne hosted a series of webinars and live training sessions.
"Not only does Layne talk the talk, he's walked the walk. I recommend listening to and reading his resources to any of my friends looking for science-backed fitness information to guide them on their path of knowledge expansion within the realm of fitness. He's one of the few people i've found to be a reliable, educational, no b.s. resource."