If you love Italian food and you love cheese, this recipe is your new best friend! It’s super easy and perfect for having friends over or a family dinner.
(recipe yields 12 servings)
- 280g thinly sliced zucchini (2-3 zucchini)
- 135g white onion
- 3g minced garlic (or 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped)
- 900g lean ground beef (about 2 pounds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 340g low fat ricotta cheese
- 800g tomato basil pasta sauce (any brand will do)
- 60g low fat mozzarella cheese
- 6-7 leaves fresh basil, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook garlic and onions over medium high heat for about a minute. Add beef and cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain fat.
- In a sprayed 9×12 casserole dish, arrange half of the zucchini on the first bottom layer. Then place half of the meat mixture on top of that, followed by half of the sauce, half of the ricotta, and half of the mozzarella, evenly dispersed and spread on the surface.
- Repeat step 3.
- Sprinkle fresh basil on top and bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Let cool for a few minutes then serve. Feel free to sprinkle a little parmesan on top! Enjoy!
Choose from several training programs for different goals and difficulty level.
Get YOUR questions answered every week by Layne himself.
Discover a plethora exclusive articles and videos on nutrition and training from some of the top experts in the world.
Layne hosted a series of webinars and live training sessions.
"Not only does Layne talk the talk, he's walked the walk. I recommend listening to and reading his resources to any of my friends looking for science-backed fitness information to guide them on their path of knowledge expansion within the realm of fitness. He's one of the few people i've found to be a reliable, educational, no b.s. resource."